I was looking for a fun new project to do and while I was surfing around I came across this site with Photo Jewelry. It was so cute and looked easy. Then I thought how cute these jewelry pieces would be made with digital scrapbooking goodies! So, that’s what I did!
Supplies I used:
- Jewelry Making kit from photojewelrymaking.com, the kits have every thing you need included! (Check it out, they have TONS of cute ideas!)
- Digital Scrapbooking Kit, or photo
- Photo Editing software, or the Software that comes with the Jewelry kit!
- A printer and photo paper, (paper came in the kit too)
The first thing I did is get out your piece of jewelry, measure the size wear your image will go. Or use the software that came in the kit, it has all the sizes listed!
Open a new file in PS the size you need, choose your image. I used some super cute elements from Our Story by, Kelley Mickus Designs and Vibrant Memories by, Pri Rocha. You can find both at The Digi Chick!
Design your piece, save it and print it out. I did a test print on regular paper and cut it out to make sure it fit in my pendant. Then print it out on your photo paper.
Cut it out and glue it into the pendant with a touch of super glue (that comes in the kit too). Now comes the fun part!
Get out your clear coating and activator, mix equal parts. Stir, slowly to avoid air bubbles.
Pour the coating on your piece, place on a flat surface and protect from dust.
Now you just let it sit there, undisturbed for 24 hours.
It will harden up nice and shiny, and it’s ready to wear!
Here are the two I made!
So, what do you think? Do you like them….well…if you do, you are in luck! To celebrate NSD, we are giving them away! Yes, we are!
All you have to do is leave a comment in this post for a chance to win! We will pick two random winners by Midnight EST on Sunday, May 3rd to have these fun necklaces.
Want another entry for this giveaway? Mention it on your blog, Facebook or Twitter with a link to this post and you can be entered again. Just leave us another comment for each thing you do with a link to your post or Tweet.
Don’t forget to hop on over to the Happy Little Chickadees Forum at The Digichick for more awesome giveaways by The Digichick designers in honor of National Scrapbooking Day!
Good Luck! And Happy NSD!!
Other Articles by juliemomof4:
- Hybrid Wall Canvas - July 27th, 2010
- Mini Tag Album... and Give-away! - May 22nd, 2010
- Make a Bouquet of Flowers for Mom - April 27th, 2010
- Easter Eggs Decor - March 22nd, 2010
- Recycle Challenge! - March 6th, 2010