How’s everyone managing this National Scrapbooking Day/Weekend LOL! There’s so much going on isn’t there but it’s all part of the fun when the digi world comes together to play and that’s what I’m here for! To issue our very last Hybrid Chick challenge to you for NSD!
When I think of making a hybrid project, I instantly think of a layout given that I’m a paper scrapbooker from way back but there are so many other ways you can use your hybrid goodies and you only need to look through our magnificent site here to see what our amazing CT come up with – they constantly amaze me with their creations! People just love receiving hand-made gifts and packages of all sizes to hold their treats or precious gifts in. And it’s so heart-warming to receive a hand-made card from your friend or loved one. Well what about creating some goodies to display in and around your home? Home decor adds so much warmth to your home. You can about alter just about anything in and around your home with a little care and attention and turn it into something magical – a piece of art to display proudly on your wall or mantle. Now let’s have a look at what I discovered in our wonderful hybrid Gallery over at The Digi Chick!
When we talk about altering home decor, look at what Elaine (aka ehooton) did with her cute little owl clock…she has popped some digital papers from Mari Koeglenberg’s HOOTY TOOT kit and it gives it such a lift!
I found another little keepsake that Melissa Wilson has created using an old kit of hers. It sits proudly on her table displaying her family name and is such a wonderful idea!
And finally, here’s a cute little hanging frame that I made for a friends daughter a while back. I started out with some chipboard shapes and covered them with digital papers from Sugarplum Paperie – MANGO SORBET (a collab with Andrea Burns) and papers from the TWIST COLLECTION. As a final touch, I added some goodies from my scrapbooking stash and some ribbon so that she’ll be able to hang it from a wall or a door handle. She loved the fact that there was a photo or her with my DS3 in it! It’s been personalised and people just love that.
Here’s your challenge:
- Pick a pretty product from Digichick Boutique.
- Create a little something for your home.
- Submit your entry here by leaving us a link to your layout. You can upload to our Hybrid Gallery at the Digichick, too!
- The deadline for getting your link in is: next Saturday, May 9th by midnight EST. That should give you plenty of time to play!
- And what’s the prize? It’s a $10 gift card to Mari Koegelenberg’s shop for one lucky winner!
Don’t forget to hop on over to the Happy Little Chickadees Forum at The Digichick for more awesome giveaways by The Digichick designers in honor of National Scrapbooking Day!
Other Articles by skyezak:
- Stamps + Digital = So Much Versatility! - October 4th, 2009
- Personalised baby's name gift - September 28th, 2009
- Recording memories of your little ones - August 19th, 2009
- Time to start those Christmas cards! - July 22nd, 2009
- Win a gift card to Sugarplum Paperie's store! - June 25th, 2009