Today I have a quick and simple project for you! You know when you go to a restaurant and they give you those little coasters. Well, you can make some pretty dang cute projects with those!
What you need…
- Coasters, you don’t have to snag them from restaurants, they are cheap to buy too! LOL! I found 2 packs of them at the Goodwill for .25!
- A cute Digi kit and your Photo Editing Software, I used the kit Happy Land by, Mira Designs at The Digichick, it’s so cute!
- Adhesive, I used the Pioneer Extra Strong Glue stick
- Sand paper or sanding block and some Distress ink, I used Tim Holts ink
- Some Ribbons, I got mine at the Dollar Store
- Printer and Matte Photo paper
How it all goes together…
Well, this project is very simple! Here is how I did it.
First I scanned the coaster and opened it in Photo Shop. It gives me just the right size circle. Then do your designing, it’s just like making a mini scrap page on a little circle. I did 3 different circles. Once each one is saved drag them onto a 8.5×11 file and print them out on matte photo paper.
Cut them out, glue them to the coasters, and then sand and ink the edges.
Poke some holes in them for the ribbon, I used a CropADile but you can use anything to make the hole. (Before I had the CropADile I used one of my sons mini arrows! LOL)
Tie them together with the ribbon and hang it up and Enjoy!
I made mine for a Bunko gift! Of course at the last minute the day of Bunko! The girls all loved it and could not believe I made it myself!
Other Articles by juliemomof4:
- Hybrid Wall Canvas - July 27th, 2010
- Mini Tag Album... and Give-away! - May 22nd, 2010
- Make a Bouquet of Flowers for Mom - April 27th, 2010
- Easter Eggs Decor - March 22nd, 2010
- Recycle Challenge! - March 6th, 2010